We’re looking for a design director who worships at the temple of the user and dreams in pixels and grids. You craft and build teams who craft clean, usable and thoughtful designs that people LOVE to use. You believe that you're not done until users' reactions to your work involves an expletive before cool in the statement "That's so ______ cool." You have a good grasp of HTML/CSS and respect designs that optimize for efficiency and speed. You work extremely well in a team environment where design, product, and engineering work to build amazing user experiences. You believe there is no trade-off between beauty and function or user delight and business goals. You can dish out a joke as well as you can take it. You've gotten into a staring contest with fear and sent it away screaming.
- Lead the interface and user experience design efforts for a new hotel search engine with a large database of proprietary hotel information.
- Manage all interfaces where our product lives including web, mobile, tablet (iOS, Android, etc.), and any future distribution channels.
- Create and test new designs with a focus on improving conversion rates and user interaction/satisfaction.
- Work closely with the Product Management team on developing designs/flows that meet product and business requirements.
- Become the UI/UX in-house expert. Act as a consultant on best practices and all things user focused.
- Occasionally step outside of UI/UX to help with other design related projects.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Formal design and/or UI/UX coursework/training a big plus.
- Mobile/tablet UX background is important. These platforms are at the heart of our product.
- Strong portfolio with a track record for delivering interfaces that *delight* users. Experience with e-commerce/search especially helpful.
- Rapid wireframing and mockup skills using Photoshop, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq or any other tools in your arsenal.
- Knowledge of CSS/HTML and front-end development to ensure designs can be implemented rapidly.
- Self starter with minimal amount of supervision required.
- Team oriented but with a strong personal work ethic.
To apply, please send examples of recent work along with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In the subject line, include the position you’re applying for.