Were you so busy this summer that you neglected to plan a end of summer getaway? Or maybe your plans have changed and you are looking for a last minute trip. Well, look no further because we’ve got you covered. Whether you are looking to hit the beach or want some fun in the city, there are plenty of deals to be found on hotels across all price points, and here are some of the best (for travel Aug. 30 – Sep. 2):
- Best Family Destination. Orlando, which offers the best value overall on hotel rooms for the holiday weekend: while rates on 3-star properties average $91/night, Room 77 found rates at Disney as low as $33/night (Seralago Hotel & Suites) – a 71% savings! Other destinations where travelers will get the most bang for their hotel buck include Miami, Las Vegas, New York, Maui, San Antonio, Chicago, San Diego and Seattle.
- Best Beach Value: Miami / Fort Lauderdale. Travelers can expect to pay an average $232 per night for a beach getaway at a 4-star hotel, but Room 77 found the lowest 4-star rate Sofitel Miami – $107 (54% savings)
- Best Value in Vegas. Rates at 5-star hotels in Las Vegas average $295 per night, but the Red Rock Casino Resort and Spa has rooms available starting at $132 (55% savings).
- Best Value for a Big City Getaway: New York. Rates at 5-star hotels in the Big Apple over the Labor Day weekend average $602 per night – but a search on Room 77 found the lowest rate ($322) at West Tower at ONE UN New York ($280 savings, or 47%).
- Best Value in Hawaii. For those with time on their side, early September is a great time to visit Hawaii – Room 77 found 40% savings on 3-star and 4-star hotels including Mana Kai Maui ($113/night) and Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa ($249/night).
If none of these destinations tickle your fancy, our Hotel Deal Finder iPhone app can help travelers find the best hotel room even at a moment’s notice by offering mobile-only pricing and deals for hundreds of hotels that can be booked up to hours in advance. So go out and enjoy those last minutes of summer while you still can!