With Valentine’s Day falling on the Friday of a long weekend this year, it’s the perfect reason to plan a mid-winter romantic escape. Room 77 has scoured its deals across the country to find Seven Sizzling Romantic Getaways to both classic romantic spots as well as unexpected escapes.
- Washington, DC offers the best values on our Sizzling Seven Valentine’s Day list and while partisan politics is decidedly not romantic, a nighttime tour of the National Mall and a stroll through Georgetown will set the mood for a romantic weekend. A search on Room 77 found 31% savings at the 5-star Capella Washington DC in Georgetown, with rates starting at $327 per night ($146 off) and 25% savings at the Park Hyatt Washington in the West End, with rates starting at $263 per night ($82 off). For more modest budgets, travelers can enjoy the 4-star Omni Shoreham Hotel, with rates starting at $113 per night (65% savings, $197 less than average) and the 4-star Westin Washington DC, with rates starting at $103 per night ($90 off typical rates, 47% savings).
- A weekend in the Pacific Northwest’s Emerald City offers romantic sunsets overlooking Puget Sound and opportunities for strolls through Fisherman’s Warf and nearby neighborhoods. A search for hotel rooms in Seattle on Room 77 found up to 40% savings on 4-star hotels in the heart of downtown Seattle close to the water, including 36% savings at the Hotel Vintage Park, with rates starting at $151 per night ($86 off typical rates) and 40% savings at the Hotel Andra, with rates starting at $185 per night ($124 less than average). Or splurge on the 5-star Four Seasons Hotel Seattle with rates starting at $315 per night.
- Pittsburgh might not be top of your list for a romantic getaway, but a stroll through Point State Park where the three rivers meet and a dinner atop Mount Washington overlooking the lights of the city and views of some of the city’s 440 bridges will convince you otherwise. A search on Room 77 found 15% savings at the elegant, centrally located 4-star Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel with rates starting at $175 per night ($27 less than average). Another 4-star hotel, the Fairmont Pittsburgh, is available when booked through Room 77 for $260 per night (23% savings – $78 off).
- It may be chilly in Minneapolis in February but your heart will be warmed by a visit to the Stone Arch Bridge, a walking and biking path with panoramic views of St Anthony’s Falls which connects Father Hennepin Bluffs Park on the eastern shore of the Mississippi with Mill Ruins Park and West River Parkway on the western shore. A search on Room 77 found 32% savings at both the 4.5-star Graves 601 Hotel Wyndham Grand (rates starting at $146 per night, or $70 less than average) and the 3-star Best Western Plus White Bear Country Inn (rates starting at $78 per night, or $35 off).
- For ocean lovers who want easy escape without the crowds, Long Beach offers a great alternative. Spend the day at the aquarium, one of the best in the country, and take an evening gondola ride to Naples Island for a romantic dinner. A search on Room 77 found the nearly 20% savings on 5-star properties in Long Beach, including rates at Terranea – L.A.’s Oceanfront Resort starting at $287 per night ($57 lower than average). Room 77 also found 30% savings at the 4-star Hyatt Regency Orange County, with rates starting at $123 per night ($50 savings) and 40% savings at the 4-star Shorebreak Hotel in downtown Huntington Beach, with rates starting at $180 per night ($50 off).
- For Midwesterners and North Easterners looking to escape the harsh winter, head to Ft. Lauderdale where the beaches are hot and the nightlife is steamy. Enjoy a romantic dinner along the city’s canals after your day at the beach. A search on Room 77 found 15% savings at the 4.5-star Atlantic Resort & Spa, with prices starting at $413 per night ($72 savings). In between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, Room 77 found 32% savings at the 4.5-star Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection in Aventura, with rates starting at $386 per night ($185 off).
- For those who have their hearts set on a classic Valentine’s Day evening with a kiss atop the Empire State Building, Room 77 offers terrific deals at 5-star properties in New York City. At the Peninsula Hotel on Fifth Ave. in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, Room 77 found 40% off with rates starting at $429 per night ($259 savings). Room 77 also found the lowest rate at The Sherry Netherland, a 4.5-star hotel in Lenox Hill, with rates starting at $424 per night ($139 lower than average, or 25% savings).
Surprise your sweetheart with a Valentine’s Day escape and let us know where you find your romance!