Times Square isn’t the only place to be on New Year’s Eve – there are plenty of fantastic destinations to watch the ball drop this year. Whether you want to party on the beach, hit the clubs, hear a great band or dine at a world-class restaurant, Room 77 has uncovered the best hotel deals to ring in 2014 in style.
This year’s Seven Sizzling New Year’s Destinations are:
- Miami comes out on top as the most affordable destination during New Year’s, which is great for winter visitors and snowbirds flocking south to this favorite holiday destination to escape the cold weather and enjoy vacation time on the beach and hot nightclubs at which to ring in the New Year. Room 77 found more than 70% savings at 3.5 and 4-star hotels, including 78% off at the Hilton Miami Airport with prices starting at $155 per night ($325 savings). There are great deals to be found even on 5-star hotels, including the Ritz-Carlton in Coconut Grove, with prices starting at $567 per night, or 40% off (savings of $370)
- Another great beach destination that offers a hip nightclub scene with Latin flare: San Juan, Puerto Rico. Room 77 found savings of up to 63% at 3-star hotels, such as the San Miguel Plaza Hotel (starting at $104 per night or $180 off), and up to 20% at 4-star hotels including the San Juan Marriott Resort and Stellaris Casino (starting at $380/night or $89 off).
- Sugar Bowl crimping your plans for a New Year’s celebration in New Orleans? Check out Nashville instead which offers equal Southern charm and plenty of country music. The Music City hosts its annual New Year’s Eve Bash on Broadway with Hank Williams Jr. as the headliner. Room 77 found prices at 3.5-star hotels as low as $150 per night (Sheraton Music City), or $93 cheaper than the average price of 3.5-star hotels in the city (38%).
- Those with their heart set on New Orleans can still find good prices at hotels throughout the city, including rates at 4-star hotels starting at $239 per night, or $97 cheaper than the average price of 4-star hotels in the city (29% savings). Travelers can choose to ring in the New Year at the nightclubs in the French Quarter or at a traditional 4-course reveillon dinner (a creole tradition from the mid-1800’s) at one of the city’s finest restaurants.
- It’s a sure bet that you will have a good time when you spend New Years in Las Vegas – we found great deals at hotels at every price point, including 40% savings at 3-star hotels ($129/night at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas North Speedway – savings of $85); 54% savings at 4-star hotels ($211 per night at Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino – savings of $249); and 75% savings at 5-star hotels ($463/night at Vdara Hotel & Spa – savings of $1,369).
- San Antonio offers a laid back getaway with the annual Celebrate San Antonio Festival on the River Walk featuring music, entertainment, great food and libations. Room 77 found more than 50% savings at 3- and 4-star hotels – including rates as low as $121 per night at the Omni San Antonio Hotel at the Colonnade (savings of 53%, or $134, compared to average nightly rates of other 4-star properties in the city).
- Not only is Austin the state capital, it is the most notorious party towns in Texas with tons of fun NYE celebratory options. Room 77 found 50% off or more at 3 and 4-star hotels in Austin, including $64/night at the 3-star Hilton Garden Inn Austin NW – Arboretum (savings of 55%, or $79 compared to the average nightly rate at 3-star hotels in the city and $114/night at the 4-star Omni Austin Hotel at Southpark (savings of 50%, or $112 compared to the average nightly rate at 4-star hotels).
Make sure you kick-off the New Year right, and we hope one of your resolutions is to travel more! Let us know where you are planning to get away to in 2014, and be sure to visit Room 77 when you’re booking a room.