As the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend approaches, there’s still time to plan a last minute weekend getaway – and find a great deal on a hotel room. Room 77 found hotel deals in top destinations that are guaranteed to stave off winter boredom, whether you’re looking to celebrate winter on the slopes, escape to a warm beach, or have a big-city adventure.
Bright Lights, Big City
Seldom do travelers need a reason to visit New York City, DC, Vegas or Orlando – even (or especially!) in the winter. But for those who do need a reason, here’s one: Room 77 found great deals in each destination that add up to considerable savings for travelers.
- Commemorate the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in Washington, DC with a visit to the National Memorial on the mall and the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial in West Potomac Park. Room 77 found 22% savings at the nearby 4.5-star Loews Madison Hotel, with rates starting at $135/night ($38 savings).
- Think it’s impossible to find a nice hotel in New York City for less than $100/night? Think again! Room 77 found $99/night (38% off average rates) at the 4-star Ravel Hotel in Long Island City, minutes from midtown Manhattan. Even the 5-star Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park is on sale – Room 77 found rates starting at $205/night (39% savings).
- You won’t need luck on your side to score a great deal on a hotel room on the Las Vegas Strip in January – Room 77 found more than 30% savings on 4- and 5-star hotels including the 5-star Wynn, with prices starting at $175/night ($86 lower than average) and the 4-star Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, with prices starting at $106/night.
- Families looking to spend some quality time with Mickey and Minnie (without the holiday crowds) will find savings on Room 77 at many hotels at Walt Disney World, including $183/ night at the 3.5-star Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on International Drive ($51 lower than average, a 22% savings).
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow
During January, many ski resorts across the country offer discounts on lessons, rentals and lift tickets as part of Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month – a great weekend getaway option for families with school-aged children who have the Monday holiday off from school.
- Room 77 found rates more than 60% off at 3-, 4- and 5-star hotels in Denver, a short drive from many of Colorado’s top resorts, including $123 savings (36%) at 4.5-star Hotel Teatro ($218/night).
- In Breckenridge, skiers can enjoy rates $94 off typical rates at the Main Street Junction by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, with prices starting at $406/night (20% savings).
- Salt Lake City is centrally located near Utah’s prime skiing spots, and Room 77 found 22% savings at the Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel starting at $98/night and 14% savings at the 4-star Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City ($139/night).
It may be high season in the Caribbean and Mexico, but there are still ways to dodge peak-period price tags at popular hotels and resorts and beat the spring break crowds as well!
- It’s always better in the Bahamas with rates like these: Room 77 found $315/night at the 4-star Graycliff Hotel, $166 lower than average (a 27% savings).
- Room 77 found 25% savings on top resorts in Cancun, including the 4-star Nizuc Resort and Spa in Cancun with rates starting at $400/night ($155 off) and the nearby 4.5-star JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, with rates starting at $307/night ($99 lower than average).
- Enjoy Puerto Vallarta’s lush jungle landscapes and warm beaches at the 4.5 star Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Riviera Nayarit – Room 77 found rates starting at $137/night ($109 lower than average, or 44% savings).